FOOD ADDICT

This food addict will post every meal and every food purchase as a social and personal experiment to see whether publicizing these intimate choices will result, overall, in healthier behavior and weight.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Vegan Potato Rice Curry

Today, I made my first ever curry dish. It was super easy. I didn't really measure anything for this entire recipe. I pretty much just eyeballed it.

The first thing to do is to prepare your rice if you have not already done so. I used organic brown basmati rice. Next, prepare your potatoes any way you like. I steamed my potatoes after cutting them into cubes. My preference is to leave the skins on, but you don't have to do this.

When your potatoes are about half-way finished, it's time to start the sauce. I used a tomato sauce (that I bought at the store; I didn't make it from scratch), organic curry powder, a touch of organic garlic powder, peas, corn, tofu, and spinach. For the tofu, I used the firm kind. I drained it and dried it in some paper towels before cutting it into cubes and placing it into the sauce. Salt the sauce to taste. 

Lightly stir in your potatoes, and then pour the sauce over the rice, again, stirring gently.

You're done! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment