FOOD ADDICT

This food addict will post every meal and every food purchase as a social and personal experiment to see whether publicizing these intimate choices will result, overall, in healthier behavior and weight.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Finally! The perfect vegan mac 'n' cheese!

As some of you have learned by now, I am a complete addict when it comes to mac and cheese. I keep trying over and over again to achieve the perfect mac and cheese, but this is difficult because I am a pretty bad cook. Tonight, though, I think I may have finally discovered the perfect vegan mac and cheese recipe. One of the problems, however, is that I tend not to measure anything, so I do not have a precise recipe for you. Nevertheless, it goes something like this:

Prepare whole wheat penne or elbow pasta. While you're waiting for your pasta to finish boiling, prepare the sauce in a separate bowl. I used a giant scoop of Tofutti sour cream, Tofutti cream cheese, about a teaspoon of Earth Balance, a tiny bit of the cashew milk that I made the other day, and some Daiya pepper jack cheese. Heat this up for about a minute, stirring every 30 seconds. You might want to add 30 additional seconds, depending upon your preference. Once your pasta is ready, strain it, and place it directly inside the bowl with your sauce. Give everything a stir. I added a touch more of the Daiya on top because ... why not?  I heated it up for about 1 minute with a dash of paprika on top.

The results were fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment