FOOD ADDICT

This food addict will post every meal and every food purchase as a social and personal experiment to see whether publicizing these intimate choices will result, overall, in healthier behavior and weight.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Vega Bar + 1 Bite for Breakfast

I love Vega. I think that this is a great company with excellent ideals and intentions. But for some reason, no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get with their bars. Vega recently came out with a series of meal bars and sports bars, and, so far, as I have mentioned in a previous blog, I can only get behind one of them.

This morning, as I was on my way out the door, I had no time for breakfast. I grabbed two of the Vega bars that I had on-hand. One of them was a chocolate coconut recovery bar; the other was my go-to chocolate cherry almond meal bar, just in case I did not like the first one. I'm glad I had my back-up with me.

The chocolate coconut recovery bar is awful. It tastes like powder and chalk and almost nothing more. For a while, I was riding bikes. I've had to stop for a little while, but I do know that when I'm done with, say, a 40-mile bike ride, the last thing that I want to eat during my recovery period is a bunch of dust. That's what the chocolate coconut recovery bar reminds me of, which is disappointing.

However, I cannot say enough about my favorite Vega bar.  It is wonderful. In fact, I would almost go so far as to say that it is succulent. The chocolate outside is probably one of the most perfect chocolate shells for any meal bar that exists on the market today. The inside it is wonderfully gooey and has these crispy, almost crunchy goodies to go with it. All together, it feels like I'm almost cheating because it's simply so delicious.

I'm seeing what are my fiance wants to finish the rest of that first bar before I trash it. As for me, I will continue to go through my current stock and will update you as I try new flavors; although, I do not have high hopes. I plan to buy a ton more of my favorite flavor, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment